Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Musical Monday is Rising Up; More Student Photos


I'll rise up
I'll rise like the day

I'll rise up
I'll rise unafraid

I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousand times again

A big thank you to Aubreigh and Ashton for their wonderful musical recommendation (and congrats to Olivia, Henry, Juliet, Katie, Hadley, Charlie and Palmer, each of whom guessed correctly!). 

Andra Day's voice is powerful, and her words are uplifting.

Andra Day was born in San Diego, California. She began singing with her church choir while she was still young, and she started taking dance lessons when she was 5 years old. Her musical role models are Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald (if you'd like to listen to the incomparable Ella Fitzgerald, check out the video I've posted here). 

Andra Day summarizes her life's philosophy as follows: "You are not here just to exist, you're here to impact people in their lives."

And how about some more beautiful photos, courtesy of your classmates...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lesson for May 21 and 22: Islamic and Buddhist Art

For May 21 and 22, please do the following: 1. Watch my introductory comments below. 2. Watch two videos about Islamic art ( here and here...