I am honored to share with you the first edition of Kate, Henry, Carter and Carter's new book, Dragonborn Book 1: The Time Halt.
These four students have been working on the book during our time apart. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dragonborn; I hope that you will, too.
Prologue
He’s always late, he thought.
Lieutenant Snowstorm paced across his office waiting for Tempest. He had one of the smaller offices in the palace, which wasn’t saying much since their palace was at least two times smaller than the Timeborn’s. Stormborns didn’t need much room. Lieutenant Snowstorm was a rare Stormborn, who had almost no blue and yellow. His grey was almost white, which was why he was named Snowstorm. Tempest was the opposite. He had lots of blue and yellow with small patches of dark grey. The general dipped his claws into some black ink and wrote a quick note to his assistant when Tempest slipped into the room.
Tempest! You are late again! Snowstorm snapped, angrily.
Sorry, sir, Tempest said, leaning against the wall. His head was right at the ceiling; he was a very tall dragon. The cold room surrounding him almost suffocated him. It was dimly lit and not very welcoming. It could probably only fit three dragons. I suppose I have a new mission?
Don’t use that voice with me. I can fire you like that.
Except you won’t since I am the best spy you have.
Just read this, he pushed a file to him across his desk.
Project Time, he read and raised an eyebrow. Not the usual assassination job?
Not this time. You will have three dragons with you. I am providing you with a dyris-enchanted shapeshifting suit to wear. Find their time warper and bring it to us. Remember to write weekly letters to Queen Rain.
Sir, yes, sir!
Lieutenant Snowstorm paced across his office waiting for Tempest. He had one of the smaller offices in the palace, which wasn’t saying much since their palace was at least two times smaller than the Timeborn’s. Stormborns didn’t need much room. Lieutenant Snowstorm was a rare Stormborn, who had almost no blue and yellow. His grey was almost white, which was why he was named Snowstorm. Tempest was the opposite. He had lots of blue and yellow with small patches of dark grey. The general dipped his claws into some black ink and wrote a quick note to his assistant when Tempest slipped into the room.
Tempest! You are late again! Snowstorm snapped, angrily.
Sorry, sir, Tempest said, leaning against the wall. His head was right at the ceiling; he was a very tall dragon. The cold room surrounding him almost suffocated him. It was dimly lit and not very welcoming. It could probably only fit three dragons. I suppose I have a new mission?Don’t use that voice with me. I can fire you like that.
Except you won’t since I am the best spy you have.
Just read this, he pushed a file to him across his desk.
Project Time, he read and raised an eyebrow. Not the usual assassination job?
Not this time. You will have three dragons with you. I am providing you with a dyris-enchanted shapeshifting suit to wear. Find their time warper and bring it to us. Remember to write weekly letters to Queen Rain.
Sir, yes, sir!

No comments:
Post a Comment