Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Religion Video: How Have You Experienced Religion?



What are some ways that religion affects the world, either in the past or now?

Here are some of your responses...
  • I think that religion can affect what some people wear and things they choose to eat.
  • Sometimes religion causes peace and love, and other times it causes hate and persecution. This affects the world, because love changes the world for the better while hate never fixes anything.
  • In the past, some people were separated or even punished because of their religious beliefs. For example, Jewish people have been mistreated because of their religion.
  • I think that religions help people to be good and kind.
  • People in the past and nowadays have started wars to decide which religion is the better or true religion.
  • Sometimes religion can affect your emotions. For example, if something bad happens to you, you can pray and have more hope.
  • In the past, being a different religion was considered "bad." If you lived in a place with an evil government, you could be forced to practice a religion that you didn't actually follow.
  • I think that religion affects the world because people know there is a safe place with their God.

What are some topics or questions related to religion that you hope to learn about?

Again, some of your responses...
  • What do all the religious symbols mean?
  • How many different religions are there?
  • I want to learn about how religions were first started.
  • What is the Star of David and why is it so important?
  • I hope to learn about smaller religions that fewer people believe in.
  • I would like to know the rules for different religions and why they have those rules.
  • What is Judaism and why was Adolf Hitler so mad about it?
  • In different religions, what are the forms or powers that the gods and goddesses have?
  • I hope we learn about how different religions think the universe will end.
  • One topic I'd like to learn about is different religious holidays.
  • I want to learn more about Buddhism. I heard a story about the Buddha and it was very interesting, and I like the idea that things don't last forever.
  • What was the first religion?
  • When some people are not a part of any certain religion, what do they believe started the world, and what do they believe happens when you die?
-------------------
    Finally: you are working diligently to memorize a passage from the Bhagavad Gita. Here's a dramatic rendition from Core 2, courtesy of Davis O.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Lesson for May 21 and 22: Islamic and Buddhist Art

    For May 21 and 22, please do the following: 1. Watch my introductory comments below. 2. Watch two videos about Islamic art ( here and here...